Sporting Lisbon Club is fearing the main striker Viktor Gyokeres – Arsenal's top transfer goals – will realize the threat of strike on Monday.
The Swedish striker will probably seek to force Sporting to move to the Premier League by not attending the first training session of the pre -season at the club's training center Cristiano Ronaldo.
Gyokeres, who is also pursuing by Man United and Juventus, prioritized to moving to Arsenal and said that Sporting broke the “gentleman agreement” that he could leave if any club paid £ 60 million.
Sporting understands that his star is widely sought after and is asking at least £ 68.5 million. Sporting's Chairman Federico Varandas – who publicly conflicts with the former striker Coventry – initially said that Gyokeres' threat to the air force was just a trick.
Sporting expects Gyokeres to return to Lisbon on Sunday and meet the next day. This player was allowed to take a break in the summer after international duty with Sweden last month. However, according to Portuguese sources, the possibility that Gyokeres does not appear at the training session is increasing. He is angry with the way the club processes, which is good news for Arsenal.
Gyokeres rejected fascinating offers from Saudi Arabia clubs such as Al-Qadsiah and Al-Hilal-teams ready to pay millions of pounds-because he wanted to play in the Premier League.
Varandas president stated that the £ 51.8 million prepaid price and £ 8.6 million was not enough to convince Sporting to release. However, a proposal worth more than 60 million pounds – of which £ 8.6 million is associated with easy -to -achieved terms – may cause Sporting to consider, because they do not want to keep a dissatisfied player in the squad.
Arsenal's coach Mikel Arteta is in need of a new striker and has targeted both Viktor Gyokeres and RB Leipzig's Benjamin Sesko. He wanted a rookie on a flight to Singapore to start a pre -season tour on July 19. In addition, Arsenal is also watching Frankfurt's Hugo Ekitike and Julian Alvarez – the former Man City star currently wearing Atletico Madrid.
Sesko, 22, will return to practice with Leipzig on this Saturday. The Bundesliga Club has not received any official offer to the Slovenian striker, but they are forced to sell at least one star to balance financial after not winning the European Cup.
Arsenal has completed the £ 51 million deal with Martin Zubimendi, 26, and the Spanish midfielder is expected to sign a contract within 36 hours.